- I may have actually slept last night – fingers crossed Eli continues to feel better;
- met SIL and BIL’s new puppy – ridiculously cute;
- Tilly had tea at nursery because with Nana in London and daddy at work late, she got fed and didn’t have to hang around at the gymnastics gym;
- Eli spent far too much time in the car and amazingly didn’t moan about it until the penultimate journey (of 10!);
- walking in the snow is hard work and all my muscles ache.
- went out in the morning with R and Eli for a walk down to the lake and back – when R took off her wellies he discovered she had snow in them and wet socks, she was having so much fun she never complained;
- went out in the late morning/early afternoon with R to build a snowman which she thought was brilliant;
- went out in the afternoon with R, Eli and me on the sled, R dragged her around the lake occasionally doing a run down a slope which she loved;
- went out in the late afternoon with Lex after he arrived home (long journey, no snow in Southampton but a major road closure resulted in a longish diversion).
I think, given the chance, that she would have stayed in the snow all day. Now we just have to wait and see if the schools are open tomorrow. R is already disappointed that his is. Will have to go out in the car to take Tilly to meet her cousins’ new puppy – not sure I would ever hear the end of it if I call the play date off.
Eli is still ill – mainly congested today but I think his ear is still bothering him. So an otherwise good day can be summed up as:
- Southampton: Lex is away for the weekend with Nana and Oupa.
- Swimming: Tilly is doing really well, no worries about putting her head underwater – like Lex at this age she can swim as far as she can hold her breath.
- Arty Crafts: as Tilly’s treat activity whilst Lex is away we took her to buy some cheap art kits to use – she chose stickers, wooden spoon superheroes and a couple of other bits. After lunch she had a great time doing everything with R.
- Restaurant: Took Tilly out for lunch – she’s been nagging to go to this particular place for a while.
Sometimes the big kids are lovely together.
Today was one of those days where sitting down seems like a luxury but the day itself is ultimately satisfying.
First thing was the walk to school as usual. I’m pleased to say that the issues we were having with the school run do seem to be a thing of the past. Tilly even managed to walk – no scooter because she was carrying her umbrella – and despite being a bit slow it was not a traumatic event!
Then Mum and I took Tilly to the pre-schooler session at the gymnastics studio. She loved the first half but was tired and a bit flat for the second. She did enjoy jumping into the crash pit but hated parachute play. Apparently she’ll go again when she’s bigger.
A trip to Tescos to exchange some too small baby clothes that R received from a colleague. Eli now owns a flat cap which is still a bit big but very cute!
Then to Sainsbury’s for lunch as the Tesco café looked a bit ick and a small bit of shopping after.
Popped home to get Eli’s red book and then took Tilly to nursery and Eli to the baby clinic to get weighed. He’s now 15lb 4oz – built very much like his brother was at the same age (Tilly was a bit heavier and chunkier than the others).
Home again for a quick break then back to school to fetch Lex. Another short break at home then off again to get Tilly from nursery. Time for a short breather then dinner and baths. Was running a little late so didn’t have the kids in bed before Mum popped over to babysit whilst I went to a PTA meeting. Home at 20.30 – R home 45 minutes later. Had a cup of tea now bed and phew…
Yesterday R took the kids to visit Lex’s godfather J and his wife T. T managed to get Tilly to sit for her and French braided her hair.
Tilly was thrilled with her ‘princess’ hair and was quite upset when it needed to be taken down to be washed. She was also very upset once it was washed to discover that ‘my hair, my beautiful hair colour is gone!’. She didn’t believe me when I told her it would be back to normal in the morning until she saw it herself.
Nana, Oupa, Tilly, Eli and I took a trip to the zoo today. Tilly had fun playing with one of her Thursday morning gang in the play area and Eli had his first play in the baby area. Eli loved looking around at all the bright pictures and trying to sit and stand – won’t be long until he’s cruising around in there…
We watched the sealions being fed until Tilly decided that the underwater tunnel was too scary and that she didn’t like being underwater. We then went to watch the penguin feed – penguins were also declared scary but she was happy to watch as long as Nana held her. I’m not sure where Tilly’s fears spring from – they often appear out of nowhere, just from an extremely vivid imagination.
Eli had his third baby massage class after the zoo. He does seem to enjoy himself and happily chatted to me throughout. He was the only baby who didn’t cry today. I haven’t yet figured out a good time to practise what I’ve learnt but will try to make the effort soon as he does enjoy it.
- What is your favorite color? purple
- What is your favorite toy? piggy
- What is your favorite fruit? apple
- What is your favorite TV show? mickey mouse clubhouse
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? sandwiches
- What is your favorite outfit? dress – my Christmas dress
- What is your favorite game? playing repunzel
- What is your favorite snack? biscuits
- What is your favorite animal? elephant
- What is your favorite song? the Cbeebies winter song
- What is your favorite book? the one about the princess lost in the woods
- Who is your best friend? Eli
- What is your favorite cereal? rice crispies multi-grain shapes
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? bouncing
- What is your favorite drink? milk
- What is your favorite holiday? the beach
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? piggy
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? wheatabix
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? macaroni cheese
- What do you want to be when you grow up? a grown-up
- What is your favourite pet? a dog
Just as I thought we were out of the woods Eli’s cold has decided to leave him with a very bunged up dribbly nose. Whilst sleep last night wasn’t too bad it may be hard to come by tonight.
Hopefully I’ll have the energy to take Tilly out tomorrow. I’m sure she won’t enjoy another day cooped up in the house. She was driving me around the bend this evening because she was tired and bored – hopefully we’ll be visiting her cousin tomorrow…
Poor Eli just flung himself off the boob because the milk let down, he was asleep and his blocked nose meant he was swallowing but couldn’t breath. Here’s hoping I get some sleep sitting up.