Eli is now 1. It’s amazing how fast this past year has gone and I’m sad (he’s my last baby) and excited to see what kind of toddler he’ll become – with his lovely gentle personality it’s not too unreasonable to hope that it’ll be fun.
So, what is Eli like at 12 months?
- Weight: 19lb 12oz (8.98kg)
- Clothing Size: 6-9 months (but about to move into 9-12 months)
- Teeth: 2 bottom central incisors and 2 top central incisors (4th tooth came through about a week and a half ago)
- Mobility: crawling, cruising, can stand by himself for a few seconds if he doesn’t realise he’s doing it because then he panics and sits down, has walked one or two steps unaided a couple of times
- Communication: if you ignore Eli (or he thinks he’s being ignored) he has a scream that pierces your skull, I guess as a thirdling you have to be loud to be noticed sometimes. He now points to things he would like or that he would like us to take him to. No ‘real’ words yet but he’s started saying something that sounds a lot like ‘bye bye’ (‘buh buh’) when he or someone else is leaving. He still chatters a lot as he moves around the place. Signing is not something he is particularly interested in – although he does very, very occasionally sign for milk.
- Sleep: he is now (knocking on wood furiously) going to sleep around 7.30/8pm and not waking until I come to bed after 10pm – I have my evenings back!
- Playing: still loves toy cars and balls, also enjoys shape sorters a lot
- Eating: still enjoying his food, certain textures will get spat out but flavours don’t seem to be an issue
- Personality: still my easy-going little monkey – can throw impressive tantrums if something he wants is taken away from him (like inappropriate toys belonging to his older siblings…)